Eveready Insurance Company (“Eveready”) was incorporated under the laws of the State of New York on or about August 8, 1963 and commenced business on May 1, 1965.
Eveready was licensed to transact the business of insurance, in accordance with paragraphs (13), (14), and (19) of Section 1113(a) of the New York Insurance Law. Eveready’s statutory office was located at 59 Maiden Lane, New York, New York 10038-4502. Eveready wrote primarily private passenger auto liability and physical damage insurance, plus a small amount of commercial auto insurance in downstate New York.
Eveready was placed into liquidation and the Superintendent of Financial Services of the State of New York was appointed as liquidator on January 29, 2015, by order of the Supreme Court of the State of New York.